April 9, 2010

winners

We run because it makes us feel like winners, no matter how slow or how fast we go.
-Florence Griffith Joyner and John Hanc, Running for Dummies

FloJo says I'm a winner. Woohoo! Yesterday during my run I tried to haul ass and go a faster pace for the last few laps, but my Nike+ says I was running slower than usual. I took an unusal break in the middle, so maybe that was it. I don't know. It was really frustrating because I kept trying to go faster and the Nike+ felt like it was off. I average about a 10:45 mile, including going faster and slower, but not by much. I'm usually between 10:30 and 11:15. Yesterday at one point, I had a 12:00 pace. What? For actually trying to run faster, it didn't recognize that at all.

I'm faster than I used to be a year ago, which is great. I've realized that running faster means I can cover a larger distance in the same amount of time. Logically makes sense, but it's nice to know I can bang out a two mile run in a bit over 20 minutes.

Here's my workout schedule from this week:
4/5 - run 20 minutes, weights
4/6 - run 27 minutes (2.55 miles)
4/7 - bike 30 minutes
4/8 - run 23 minutes (2.07 miles), weights, DDPP 80 minutes
4/9 - probably bike 30 minutes today

On Saturday, the suggested training has a 2 mile run, but I think I might try to do a 5k distance just to see what kind of time I'd get.

Um.... the end.

1 comment:

Joy-filled Future said...

Way to go sweetheart! Great progress - hang in there no matter what Nike+ says... your body knows you best. You rock!