August 19, 2010

twins game!!

Last night we went to a Twins game for Andrew's birthday. Why, wasn't that in mid-July? You're right! I bought the tickets in June and then we had to wait nearly 10 weeks for the actual game. It was a pretty good game, though. Twins won 7-6, which is exciting.


We had pretty good seats, but I think people are right when they say there's not a bad seat in the place. We were actually a lot closer than the picture makes it look - I didn't have to zoom for this picture, if that makes a difference. We also were in a wheelchair row, which meant padded folding chairs. Not too shabby, actually. I get uncomfortable sitting in the same position all the time, so it was easy for me to wiggle around.

Also, Joe Mauer hit his first Target Field home run yesterday! I wore a Joe Mauer shirt because I would leave Andrew in a heart beat for him. And not just because he's a gazillionare - he looks good in a baseball uniform too, if you know what I mean.


The stadium has a pretty good view of the MPLS skyline. It's also close enough to our home that we were able to walk to the game.


I remembered my glasses so I could see the game! I kept squinting at the scoreboard and then realizing that I didn't have to - I couldn't see because I was squinting.


Hands down, my favorite part about the field. I LOVE this sign. If you can't tell what it is, it's two guys shaking hands over a river - Minne and Paul. The sign lights up for a strikeout or run too. I would not be opposed to getting some variation of this at some point in my life, either.

Hopefully we'll be able to make it to another game this season. It was really fun and I'm slowly becoming a bigger baseball fan. Andrew said we couldn't ask for Twins tickets or jerseys on our registry, which I think is bunk. Also, the local stations don't show the games - you have to have cable to watch 99% of Twins games. I even hooked up the TV converter box and pulled the bunny ears out of the closet! All for nothing.

No comments: