Ok, maybe not someone, but my bike for sure. I wanted to adjust the brakes today, so I wrangled with my front brake for awhile before I realized that it was tight enough. It's a byproduct of the handle design that makes it seem looser than it really is. Booo.
Then I fiddled with the back one for awhile and now I can't seem to get it back to its original tightness. I took a break and checked some stuff online, so we'll give it another go here shortly. I'm frustrated, nonetheless.
No illusions; I am not a bike mechanic.
Ugh. Got to fix the bike quick, so I can grab a book and go read by the lake. I just finished book 25 of the year, which is good. I was lagging behind there for awhile, but I caught up by having only leisure reading and lots of time on the bus. Here are the books I've finished since getting back to MPLS:
- Me and Mr. Darcy, Alexandra Potte
- Speaking of Faith, Krista Tippett
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith
- The Hip Hop Wars, Tricia Rose
- The Snows of Kilimanjaro, Ernest Hemingway
- Spanish Lessons, Derek Lambert
- Strawberry Tattoo, Lauren Henderson
- Potential, Ariel Schrag
Ok. I need sunlight so I'm giving the bike one more chance to be fixed nicely before I throw it off the back porch.