January 11, 2009

I hate NWA part 3

I'm seriously sick of the crap Northwest Airlines expects its customers to eat in order to get from one place to the other. My flight is (again) delayed an hour, which means I might miss my flight in Detroit. The next flight leaves Detroit at 9:30, putting me into Hartford at 11. Do you want to know why? Because the flight crew wasn't there yet. There wasn't a plane yet either, but it's just crap.

I don't know why they can't get their deal together. I book tickets on the expectation that I'll be arriving at the stated time. I make plans on the assumption that I will, in fact, be arriving at the stated time. I live an hour from the airport, I don't have a car and I always have to arrange for a ride from friends. It's not easy to make last minute changes and to repeatedly ask people to adjust their schedules when they're already going out of their way to pick me up. I understand that there are weather delays and other things like that. However, it's just ridiculous for any other delays.

Unfortunately, NWA is the airline that goes most of the places I need to go so I'm somewhat forced to eat their pile of excuses on a regular basis.

No comments: