May 8, 2008

I have the caffeine tolerance of a small rodent

Last night at 3 AM I realized just how much caffeine affects me. I had two cups of tea in the morning before my job interview (which went off really well!) at noon, and then two cups of coffee between 4 and 7. I'd say I had stopped drinking the coffee around 6 or 6:30, if anything, having small tastes of my cold coffee by then.

So assuming I stopped drinking my coffee at 6:30, I didn't fall asleep until 3 or 3:30. That's 9 hours. What the heck. I know I can't drink soda after 6 or 7 because it'll keep me up until 2ish, but afternoon coffee? Seriously.

I didn't even get any work done from being up that late. I'm at a point in my paper where I have to take a look at what I've written and I have to figure out how I want to structure the rest of my paper so it fits in the exam guidelines. I didn't want to start that, only to get sleepy and have to stop in the middle. I'm planning on getting this done today so once I finish this post, I'm being productive until I either finish this paper or die of natural causes.

Even crazier, I woke up at 8 this morning without my alarm. I lay in bed with my eyes closed for the next hour trying to sleep until my alarm at 9. What is with that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had one cup of coffee yesterday while studying. After an hour I was so hyper that I went outside to let off some energy. I did some cartwheels and ran around a bit, I ended up frolicking around and tripped over myself and fell onto the cement.
Now my entire right side is hurt/bleeding. Which doesn't contribute to me studying.
It's a bacher thing.

lindsay said...

i didn't know you could do cartwheels. i guess you can't actually.