December 5, 2007

I think I'm losing it

This morning I set my alarm twice to make sure I made it to my morning class, one an hour before and the other one a half hour before class. I slept through the first half hour of my morning class yesterday, so I wanted to make sure I made it to the whole thing this morning since exams are coming soon. I got out of bed at the second alarm (since the first one just made me roll over), got ready in a bit of a rush and ran over to the school just as class was starting at 9:00; I thought I was even going to be a few minutes late.

I arrive at my classroom to find it empty except a TA. Was class canceled and I didn't get the e-mail? Where is everybody?

"Am... am I early?"
"Um... Class starts at 9:30."

This is a class I've had all semester and here, the last week of classes, I show up a half hour early. Figures. I rock.

Then I killed a butterfly because I used a disposable cup for my coffee at the refectory waiting for class to start, surrounded by the second-career students who naturally wake up at 6 because they've been conditioned to do so by corporate America.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I've always hated people who wake up on time.